Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We need to have more gooder language.

Not for nuthin' but its about time for America to have more gooder language skills.  The government and education systems aint been stressing the importance of following it's guidelines.

We are way more dumber then other countries.  Than, when we compare state to state we can also see huge friggin' differences.  I'm just saying that when you get down to it, we have more inane speech hear then other industrial countries to.  The majority of our language is taken up by "fillers" like, "at the end of the day" or "whatever."

I seen alot of bad grammar all over the tv's and website's.  Since the internet became mainstream, proper speech has reduced to abbreviations and "text type."  I'm like, OMG, where did this all come from?  Parents aren't stressing the importance of education to there children.  Their not checking on homework and they're are alot of parents who dont monitor there children on the internet.

It makes me LOL when I listen to a moron whose glorified on the television for debauchery, womanizing, loose morals, etc.  It be time we no longer be swept, or is it sweeped, away in making life easier.  We should take pride in speaking, writing and living properly.


NOTE:  Author isn't actually this stupid, but simply demonstrating a point.


Schools no longer teach phonetics, grammar or emphasize spelling.  Correction, they no longer focus directly on these subjects, but instead, use context hoping children grasp the concepts.  "Whole language" along with parental apathy, increases in class size and the general "I need it now" attitude toward life are all causing a downgrading of standards.

Texting, instant messaging and the Internet in general have abbreviated the English language.  My third grade teacher would roll in her grave, assuming she's dead, if she ever saw me use contractions, abbreviations or not write in cursive.

I witnessed a classmate in a graduate course utilize "gonna" during his final presentation without anyone else noticing or blinking an eye at it.  In the first part of this blog I overtly placed a generalization of the mistakes, idiotic cliches and pet peeves to demonstrate the downward trending of common English.  I apologize to your teachers and have endless amounts for pity if you didn't notice them.

As a former Spanish teacher, I used English as a grammatical reference.  Too often, I was stunned to discover students who were unable to identify parts of speech.  These are verbs, nouns, adjectives, etc for those of you who can't.

The people I am directing this blog at are the same who need to buy a vowel on "Wheel of Fortune" before they solve the puzzle.  Are you fucking kidding me??? Only vowels are left!  You just paid to prove to the audience that you're an idiot.

At the end of it all, I'm just gonna say, "whatever." TTYL

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyIw9fs8T4&feature=related

    I found this clip of Taylor Mali while researching a piece on education. It seemed fitting to add.

    ReplyDelete